Idea for a CrowsxWorst game, maybe?

Talk about Crows & Worst manga.

Idea for a CrowsxWorst game, maybe?

Postby BigJoeMex on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 pm

See, just a couple of days ago I finished Yakuza for the PS2. The fights are all incredible as they really feel like true street fights. You can stomp people in the face, soccer-kick them while on the ground, choke them or smack them with bats and all that good stuff.

I was thinking that a game of this kind based on our favorite delinquent series would be awesome! What do you guys think?
BigJoeMex
Third Year

Re: Idea for a CrowsxWorst game, maybe?

Postby Roldan on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 pm

there's already one, it's called Rival schools o.o... j/k would be nice if it was beat-em-upish like The Warriors, or?..
I'm neither a delinquent nor a villain, though I'm hardly what you would call an ally of justice either - Harumichi Bouya.
Roldan
Third Year

Postby Harumichi Bouya on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Action/Adventure is definitely the way to go... Capcom side-scroller would be ideal too, go for the old nostalgia... Wouldn't mind a fighting game either.
Harumichi Bouya
P.A.D.

Postby Roldan on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:18 am

Harumichi Bouya wrote:Action/Adventure is definitely the way to go... Capcom side-scroller would be ideal too, go for the old nostalgia... Wouldn't mind a fighting game either.

wasn't that crows game a side-scroller?
I'm neither a delinquent nor a villain, though I'm hardly what you would call an ally of justice either - Harumichi Bouya.
Roldan
Third Year

Postby BigJoeMex on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:29 am

There was a Crows beatemup for the Sega Saturn, I think. Sadly, it didn't look very good. The thing about Yakuza that clicks so well with Crows is that you really see them fighting it out in pretty street fashion. Think of the environment grapples from DefJam Fight for NY,
BigJoeMex
Third Year

Postby KSC on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:10 pm

I would love a Worst themed fighter. The only problem being is that characters don't really have too many "special moves". Besides Hana's uppercut. Guri's disappearing kick, and the mighty "KILLER FLAME CAR", they would just have to start making shit up. So, I agree, the way to go would def. be action/adv.
Real men exchange gloves.
KSC
Just Friends

Postby Harumichi Bouya on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Roldan wrote:wasn't that crows game a side-scroller?

Yes there was, but it wasn't a Capcom side-scroller. 8-)

KSC wrote:I would love a Worst themed fighter. The only problem being is that characters don't really have too many "special moves". Besides Hana's uppercut. Guri's disappearing kick, and the mighty "KILLER FLAME CAR", they would just have to start making shit up. So, I agree, the way to go would def. be action/adv.

I was thinking the same thing... That's actually one of the things that I have an active interest in (in CXW), what everyone's finishing moves are. It seems that finishers (or desperation moves, if you will) are what separate first tier and second tier characters. In particular, the protagonists/strongest characters usually all have a punch that sends people reeling (Bouya/QP/Genji/Hana...)

A page for finishers would be another fun page to make (not to add to your workload :D).
Harumichi Bouya
P.A.D.

Postby KSC on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Harumichi Bouya wrote:A page for finishers would be another fun page to make (not to add to your workload :D).

That would have been a cool idea actually and I considered it, but I couldn't think of enough characters (in Worst alone) that had one. Joe's "Iron Frying Pan" would have been stretching it. :lol:
Real men exchange gloves.
KSC
Just Friends

Postby Harumichi Bouya on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 pm

No I think that's a legit finisher. I mean as long as it's a trademark, right? Like QP had his milk bottle and yes it's as awesome as it sounds. I'm probably going to go through Crows sometime soon so I can compile a list for the characters there since it seems Worst is pretty much covered. And yes I'll get to work on the Organic Spinoff checklist too :D
Harumichi Bouya
P.A.D.

Postby hitokiriizo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:35 pm

i'm thinking more of a gta type thing where you make your own choices like what school and who your on good terms with, but no guns that would fuck up the orignal plot and suck....think bully meets gta san andres without the guns :D
up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right...BRINGING THE MOTHERFUCKING DEATH BY KONAMI!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he become a monster himself.
hitokiriizo
Third Year

Location: smoking and chilling with the moonlight bothers in the gym

Next

Return to Suzuran High